19 June, 2012

To do or not to do...the old age question...

So you know how there are those things you really want to do?  Those things that are oh so fun...and oh so time-wasting?  Yep.  I'm doing those tonight.  I should be job hunting, because as of July 1, I'm officially screwed.  However, I am procrastinating and wondering what to write.  I know I would like to finish Stolen Child.  I know plenty others who would like to just frakking finish Stolen Child already.  On the other hand, I could watch another episode of Xena on my trusty-dusty Netflix.  I also see that it is 9:13.  So...close...to...bedtime!  Well, at any rate, this old hag needs a good back massage, more applesauce, and a broom to pound the ceiling with.  (WOOT WOOT!  Mr. Heckles!)

What do you do in your old age?

On other subjects, I have been brainstorming ideas with Book of Seas, which seems to be the one desired to be put out next.  Does everything really have to have a point?  I'm thinking some things should.  Not like a moral or anything, but a point.  Something big that is behind it all.  Perhaps I will discover it as I go along?  So this leads me to my next question...when you write, those of you that do, does your story have a point or do you develop said point along the way?  I don't care what the point is...for all I care it can be so your Mary-Sue can outshine everyone on the enterprise and shag Picard.  (Because we all know that the entire point of a Mary-Sue is to shag the author's favourite character and she will shag them at some point...though I'm not sure that Wesley Crusher ever got any.  Does anybody know the answer to that?)

Well, I'm off to the muse.  She's pounding on my head and asking where the hell the phone charger is.  Adieu all!  (*whispers in scary Sokka voice* For now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment