A short note whilst I clear my mind at work. I am listening to Byzantine chants and staring at the beautiful artwork on my desktop. The artwork is by a Belgian artist, I believe, whose name escapes me but painted various apocolyptic scenes. If you know his name, let me know. At any rate, I was wondering if there are any other books out there along the lines of Paradise Lost, the Divine Comedy, etc. that might be recommended. Anything is welcome and the older the better!
With that said, I muse upon a dream I had whilst in meditation one day. The dream was of a city much like the image upon which I gaze at this very moment. The city is Pandæmonium, Milton's capitol of Hell. Never before have I gazed on an image with such a feeling of familiarity and desire to lose myself therein. Perhaps I have visited this place before? Or perhaps its a foretelling of future events...
No comments:
Post a Comment