Okay. I just have to ask...how many of you Star Trek fans (or people who ever watched even one episode) want to destroy Wesley Crusher? Even though I know most people won't respond and I know that it is silly and I know that only a limited amount of people read this, I am going to poll this anyway. What do you think is the best way for Wesley Crusher to die?
On that matter then (the biggest Mary Sue...the Mother of all Mary Sues) I will express my desire to write a fanfic based on my Star Trek Online character, Neri. Neri is a smashingly hot Betazoid captain with a crazy-soap-opera-motivated-mary-sue-loving crew. :) I created a whole story for these characters as I created them in game. If there is any curiosity into this story, let me know and I mary...I mean MAY just post some of it. How enticing are Mary Sues, right? I know at least one of you who will like this.
Moving on. It is said that all writing has a bit of self-insertionism. Do you think this is true? I can certainly see it in my work. Fortunately, I don't see it in just one character per story, so I kid myself that not one of my characters is a Mary Sue. (They all are.) Kidding aside, I see various aspects of myself in multiple characters I have written. I would love to hear about anyone else's view on this. Do you insert yourself a little into your stories? Be honest. If you could jump into one of your stories...would you?
I think death by piano has the most versatility. You could be quite creative with a piano, after all. :)
ReplyDelete