Okay, so I am in the midst of a very important scene in Stolen Child. I have managed to spread answers (in what I think is a nice manner) to questions my readers might have throughout the book and now I am tying up a few other loose ends before closing in on the last major battle! ((Woot Woot!)) And in the midst of this, my fiance decides he is going to come in and say hi and bother the living tar out of me. I feel completely awful because I am such a horrible person about it! When I am writing once I have gotten to the "zone" it is ever so deep down but ever so easy to lose if distracted. He knows this. I have asked him very nicely to not even look at me when I am in the zone but he comes in and wanders around for "things to do" near me and I know he wants to come say hi and get a hug and kiss but I am WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have lost my thought train.
Honestly, he is the sweetest most loving man I could ever hope for and I love him very much. But how many of you other writers turn into wild beasts when you are interrupted from your writing? Or do you hide from the world? Maybe I will poll this. I like those little polls. I may open the Wesley Crusher one up permanently...just for kicks. Anyway, let me know what you do when people derail your thought train while you are writing. If you don't see an answer you like on the poll, feel free to comment! (You can do that anytime, actually. I just moderate what goes onto my page for anything that might be super nasty or full of really horrid swear words. Although on that note, I may do a post on swearing at some point. In that case, we'll have to be really nasty. :) )
With that said and done, I am going to take a few moments to honor my beloved and oh-so-innocent fiance. He is kind, caring, generous (to a fault) and positively snuggly. One of my favourite things about him is that he comes running when I say "scratch my back!" in desperation to itch an itch I cannot reach. I love him ever so much and would not trade him for anything. So I love you my lovey fiance! Woot woot!!
No comments:
Post a Comment