Somehow, my ability to not be phased by scary movies (or in this case TV show...) has diminished. I blame my sister and all of the time I have spent watching non-scary things with her. Still, I spend my time until 2 AM watching scary things like Supernatural. Why? Because the plot is highly interesting to me and I am very entertained by this show.
Still. I am scared to go to bed. Last night I slept like hell. One of the episodes was not supernatural at all, just crazy people. I'm not sure which is scarier...the unknown and (by some beliefs) unreal things like demons, or real live people who do horrible things because they're either crazy or evil.
I certainly believe in evil. I do not think the reason for all horrible things is that all those people are "crazy". At the same time, they are. One of my favourite thoughts came from my all-time-favourite movie, DOOM. Yes, that is right! Karl Urban and the Rock in DOOM! I love that movie to no end and can watch it all of the time, any time. (I have actually gotten to the point where it doesn't scare me anymore as I have seen it almost enough times to act it out as a one-man show!) The musing was, that part of the human DNA that was not explained (at least according to the science in the movie. I know very little of DNA.), that was "unmapped" as they called it, was the blueprint for the soul. It was an interesting thought for me. God is smart. God is omnipotent. God would have known to make DNA as the building blocks of our bodies. What if a part of our soul was encoded in that? It has to be somewhere right? I know at this point I sound utterly crazy, but its something worth musing, I believe.
Why is science an enemy of God? I was babysitting this young boy once, and was asked what I believed about science. I told him two things. I told him that while these are questions he should be taking up with his parents, I would give him something to consider. First, there are so many beliefs out there, it is hard to KNOW what is true. That is why we have faith. Faith is not knowing. With faith you do not need to know. Faith is trusting even though there is no proof. Second, I told him that just because you believe in science does not mean you cannot believe in God. I told him to look more at science as how God does things. Perhaps we get some things wrong in science, but we are not God. We were not meant to know everything he does.
Does that make the pursuit for knowledge a bad thing? No. If in your pursuits you are trying to disprove God, you are not pursuing knowledge. If you seek answers about God, well...make sure you start with the Bible. Work your way from there.
On a much lighter note, I love that moment I hit where I am still scared but I am to frakking tired to notice.
Love to you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment