31 August, 2012

Stolen Child

STOLEN CHILD IS FINISHED!

Wow.  That was interesting.  I finally finished something.  It's also something I am very proud of.  It still needs a lot of work, but man it feels good to have finished it.  I have placed the manuscript on Authonomy, for whoever will read and help.

I know there are loads of kinks I need to work out.  I am excited to do so, but I need to step away from this story for a while and worry about another before I can return to it. 

As for the ending, I think that is one of my biggest troubles.  There are a few parts in there I feel are necessary but rushed.  The final fight between Connor and Brychan, for instance.  I know that I like the way it isn't just an all out brawl but I feel there is something missing in the fight itself.  As for when Connor finally prevails, I absolutely love that. 

The rest...hmmm...getting Connor and Winter home and explaining a few things away, well that was rushed but I think it wasn't horribly so.  More should have been done with the children though.  I'm not sure if I know how to explain it though.  Oh well.  It will all help when I have this blasted thing edited.

Anyway, as for the rest of the world...I forget who told me, but they were somewhere recently where there was a "Mary Sue Cafe" and they thought of me and my incredible love for Mary Sues.  So awesome.  I need to figure this out and go there just to see.  Maybe they have a picture of Wesley Crusher on the wall somewhere.

On other notes, I need a dog.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing! That's awesome!

    And I agree, dogs are excellent writing companions.

    ReplyDelete