23 January, 2014

So, it's been a while...

Well, it has been. Doggy is good! He is naughty, but actually not near as naughty as a pup could be! Getting so big!!

At any rate, I'm writing and that is good. Good, at least, in that I am writing. Bad, because I am rabidly writing something that is a completely fresh idea. Darn you dream! Again, it came from a dream.

You know, I love my dreams that way. Then they are always interesting. They always keep me on my toes. However, then they always tell good stories that I want to share. It's a vicious cycle.

I've coined some new terms while I am writing this latest. I have decided to call the "chapters" I am writing right now "skeleton chapters" and the draft, not a rough draft, but a "skeleton draft."  Why? Well, here's the thing; these aren't even worthy to call a rough draft or chapter. They are bare bones minimum, lacking the meat and fullness that most rough drafts have. They have nothing to them save a very light bit of thought that I will expand into a rough draft. This is stupid, you might say. A rough draft is a rough draft. Well, I tell you: NO! Really, if this was actual meat, and it was all you had to eat for the rest of the year, you'd cry.

I feel, however, this story could strike a few cords with people and I foresee it getting a lot of flack.  It has a lot in the plot that could be considered social commentary, and well, when you do that...the trolls come out to get you. 

The world does not view itself the way I do and I am really writing this from my hardest of hearts. So I realize that people are going to say things like "that's a bad worldview" or "your portrayal of this is inaccurate at best." I say, go find me a book of a similar nature that is completely accurate.

I don't know. I feel very strongly like God is pushing me to write this. I don't know if I'm accurately portraying what He wants me to, but I pray I am. So, cross your fingers, say a prayer, and hope for the best!

You few who follow me, are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment