09 June, 2014

Vanilla and Gnats...

I'm all sticky.  I'm sitting outside and I have vanilla all over me because the gnats are HORRIBLE this year!  Nonetheless, I get to sit outside.

At any rate.  I no longer have a job and I don't care.  I'm so relieved I am not working at that horrible place anymore.

On lighter notes, we almost have a house.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

On the subject of writing, I have gone back through and sort of reread Stolen Child.  I found a couple of "Guinea Pigs" to read it, so I wanted to see what they would be reading before passing it one.  All in all, it is a good first draft, in my own biased opinion.  There are a lot of questions I asked myself as I read.  Most of which I knew the answer to, but asked for the purpose of fixing them.  So, I will send the first chapter to my newfound acquaintances and see what happens from there.

Haha!  That's right gnat, fly away.  I've got vanilla!

I feel like I might be able to do a sort of C.S. Lewis/Narnia thing with Stolen Child and have my own version of Aslan.  Not sure how deeply I want to delve into that, but its an idea.  My "Aslan" could be the Archivist. He is by far my favourite character.  I just love him!  The fact that in my head he is played by Elrond (Hugo Weaving) from Lord of the Rings, may have something to do with that.

Then there is the evil Brychan.  I like him, at least as a villain.  He works well, but has some hiccups.  For instance?  Why doesn't he just kill Connor?  It's in the rules.  Well, long story.  I noticed, however, when I found various questions like that, I threw stuff in very late in the game to fix it.  Some of the answers work, others suck.

We will see.  At any rate, going to finally email those peeps now.  It's been about 4-5 days.  But I have been very busy.  I will tell more on that, however, when everything is official!  :)

All the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment