So here I am again, turning this blog into a space where I whine about not being able to write. Did I ever stop to think that the only thing keeping me from writing is, well, me? (On a quick side note, why does the autocorrect on my phone always think I want to say "we'll" when I type "well?")
Still, in all honesty, there is nothing to stop me from going home and writing. It is done with ease. I just clean up and go home. Then I explain to my boss why my stories are far more important than my work. In reality, I hold these stories in a much higher regard than I do my job. Why then, do I not simply make my writing a priority?
For many reasons, I say. I must pay my bills. I must eat. I must style my hair like Jennifer Love-Hewitt. If I were to allow myself to engage in all of my desires free will, I would likely be dead by now, having starved on the street.
My faith works in the same way as my writing; while it is most important to me, I find that I am unwilling to put my faith before my worldly needs and desires. When you think about this, it seems kind of stupid. If Christ is my Lord and Saviour, and I put all trust in him then surely he will not let me starve on the street, right?
It doesn't work like that. I must put Christ before all things, this is correct. However, he is not going to give me everything on a silver platter. In truth, he is far more likely to take that silver platter away from me.
Why, then, do I strive to follow Him and not just cheer him on? Because I know that at the end of all things, he offers everlasting love and paradise. Not some vacation place with skis and bikinis, but a place where I am at peace and always at his side.
That really sounds like fun? Yah, sure, you betcha! A place where I no longer have to toil or ache? Uh, DUH!
Doesn't that make your stories and the like worthless? No. We are made on God's image. God is creator of all things. By telling my stories I am creating, this I am mirroring God.
Where is all of this leading? To the conclusion that God gave me a wonderful gift an I am wasting it. This is foolish and I must begin to prioritize to do the things God has asked me to do.
God asked you to write? He gave me this talent, didn't he? I only pray that my writing, whether successful or not, published or unpublished, gives glory to him.
End rant for today. Also...that's right!! I did all of that on my iPhone! Woot!
Amen! If I can squeeze out the time to scratch out a few words between kids and work and food and trying not to pull out all my hair, surely you can, too. So hop to it! We've only got one life - we'd better make it good. :)
ReplyDelete